Role and Scope of Position:
This is an Operations position that will oversee the construction, operation and maintenance for a new natural gas distribution system located in Northeastern, PA - Southern Tier and Central NY area. This individual will be responsible for a variety of aspects of the system including construction, operations, maintenance, customer service and community involvement. This individual will report to the Gas Technician - Supervisor.
- Turn-on and turn-off (installation and removal) of new and existing gas customer meters.
- Construction inspection - At the direction of the Gas Technician - Supervisor will perform inspection and oversight of third party contractors.
- Leak Investigation - Will be on-call (24 hours per day) to respond to gas leak/odor calls inside on customer facilities, outside on Company facilities and third party damage calls. Will be required to properly investigate and classify the hazard and safely respond to and assure safety of customers, public and self. Response required within Company specified time-frames.
- Locates and Mark-outs - Will respond to (normal and emergency) Underground Facility Locate requests (PA One Call; NY Dig Safely) to locate and mark-out the Company facilities.
- Under the direction of the Gas Technician - Supervisor, perform some Fitter Type work to include but not limited to (meter and regulator piping fabrication, service and main installation, PE pipe joining, leak and third party damage repair, pressure testing, system purging, etc.)
- System Inspections - Will perform required periodic system inspections and surveys (leak survey, valve survey, station inspections, etc.).
- Under the direction of the Gas Technician - Supervisor, perform inspection, testing and maintenance of regulators, meters, meter correctors, heaters, filters, valves, odorizers, etc.
- Meter Reading - Will be responsible to read Company meters.
- Customer interaction - Be able to discuss the benefits of natural gas with potential gas customers, to assist current gas customers with issues related to their gas service, will hand out and accept applications for gas service, may accept bill payments.
- Will perform any special projects or assignments as deemed necessary.
- May perform other related assignments/special projects as required.
- Will create and maintain all records associated with above work.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: This position requires a self-motivated individual capable of working and making decisions without direct supervision. Individual must have some mechanical knowledge. Requires strong organizational and managerial skills. Ability to use PC desktop/laptop applications (e.g., Microsoft Word and Excel). Will promote a customer service focus and reinforce customer excellence by being sensitive to the Company's Public image. Will emphasize professionalism, honesty, concern, courtesy, excellence and teamwork within the unit.
Education: Requires a minimum of a High School Diploma. Two year Technical degree preferred.
Experience: Plumbing, piping experience required. One to three years of gas related experience preferred.
Licenses & Certifications: Must have valid driver's license. CDL driver preferred.
Per Federal regulations this position will require the individual to submit to and pass a pre-employment and random Alcohol and Drug testing. The individual will be required to pass all Natural Gas Operator Qualification testing.
Company Vehicle Provided, for company use.
Leatherstocking Gas Company is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or eligible veteran status.
Leatherstocking Gas Company offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.